Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4326
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Ford F-150
Fulltimer
Yes
Does anyone else have a devil of a time getting their fueling cap off? I would say 3 out of 4 times, I stand at the fuel isle struggling to get the darn cap off. Has anyone found an easy replacement or a pass-through cap that can be used for the commercial-sized filler?

1592140557279.png

Does anyone else have a devil of a time getting their fueling cap off? I would say 3 out of 4 times, I stand at the fuel isle struggling to get the darn cap off. Has anyone found an easy replacement or a pass-through cap that can be used for the commercial-sized filler?

No, it may depend on how tight you're tightening it and I can't remember if mine has a click thing to prevent overtightening.

What are you talking about with the pass-through cap for commercial sized filler?

?

Never had a problem. Try lubricating the seal? See if there is a burr around the receptacle by running your finger around.

That one seems way too large @CoreyinWP. I see how it would clip on to the fuel funnel, but the opening looks too small for the filler to fit through and also, how would that even seal the filler tube? I think you should try to get your money back from whoever sold you that. They saw you coming from a mile away

What are you talking about with the pass-through cap for commercial sized filler?
You’ve seen a pass through cap for a normal gas vehicle. Basically its just a little spring loaded metal flap. I assumed there might be one with a larger diameter for the larger diesel fillers, but no dice. Apparently that’s not a thing. Everybody is worried about someone putting sugar in their tanks, I guess.

That seems like just as much of a pain in the rear when I loose the key or it jams due to dirt or grime. Idk. I just wanna put fuel in and go and not fiddle with a fuel cap for 5 minutes.

If you have any redneck in you then consider aluminum foil? No wait, maybe they put paper towels in the hole?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back