• Commercial/Vendors welcome

OTR Diagnostics, DEF, Derate Faults

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
“A PR problem” is the best case scenario. The ambulance chasers are licking their chops and the corporate legal beagles are cowering under their desks.

This has all the earmarks of a big class action lawsuit that puts Spartan and a bunch of RV makers into bankruptcy!

TJ

“A PR problem” is the best case scenario. The ambulance chasers are licking their chops and the corporate legal beagles are cowering under their desks.

This has all the earmarks of a big class action lawsuit that puts Spartan and a bunch of RV makers into bankruptcy!

TJ
True that. What a scam. Selling motorhomes that can't be driven. ?

Depending on the state of purchase, there may be Lemon Law legal avenues available. For instance: The Georgia Lemon Law

@TJ&LadyDi I might have found a temporary solution for your troubles
70254350-DC76-426C-B8B5-B110D5D1B1F9.jpeg

Sorry @ARD I don’t stock tequila

...and the @MapNerd voodoo doll is born that will sit right next to one of me!

revenge plotting GIF by Big Brother Canada

@TJ&LadyDi I might have found a temporary solution for your troubles
View attachment 7529
Sorry @ARD I don’t stock tequila
That might work…temporarily! I’m working on one of these right now.

image.jpg

We’re at RV Glass Solutions in Coburg, Oregon, for a windshield replacement. The new glass went in today, final sealing will be done tomorrow and Friday morning they will test the windshield wiper contact on the glass (and adjust, if necessary) before sending us down the road…to another repair appointment. Tonite, we are in their covered bay just outside the shop door. No slides out or jacks down so as not to exert any twist while the sealant cures. It is tight inside, but doable.

I must say that RV Glass Solutions in Coburg runs a class operation. Absolutely no complaints. From the receptionist to the shop manager, and everyone in between, they were absolutely stellar! We have been treated very well! If everyone ran their business like this, most of the complaint threads would not exist.

On Monday, we’ll be at Premier RV Services of Oregon for the Girard awning replacement, air conditioner problem and troubleshooting of why, periodically, we can’t shut the engine off. After that, we’ll have to decide whether we want to drive the DEF head ticking time bomb to Polson or just try to get back home to northwest Washington.

TJ

There is a solution to the Def head. The sensor is using the CAN bus to send a signal that the DEF is proper mixture, and the levels are good. This can be faked. There are many companies that create this type of device, although mainly for the 1 ton diesel truck market, it does also run on the larger OTR trucks.

If it is used along with an actual DEF and DPF in place, there is nothing illegal about it. The fix will just allow the def head to be ignored, and the system will continue to use the DEF fluid.

I have not personally done this :censored:, but I do know that this is possible.

And, therein, lies the heart of the problem; once you have the customer’s money, kiss ‘em goodbye! Just keep selling more units, even if they fail.

TJ
Which is ok if you are manufacturing light bulbs, not rvs or airplanes….God forbid!

Latest resources

Back