Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

RDMOCALA

RVF Regular
2015 Newmar Class A 38'. I usually start my trips with a clean coach exterior which I do myself at home. Then, more often then not, it rains in transit and the coach is dirty upon arrival. When checking in at campgrounds and/or going to my campground site I see many coaches that are spotless. How do you all keep your coaches looking so nice. Do you use the truck washes at truck stops or are you just blessed and never get rained on? If you use the truck washes are they effective?

If I’m going to be somewhere a week or longer, I will either wash it myself at the CG if they permit it (preferred), or I hire someone to do it. CGs never have an issue with an outside contractor washing an RV, as they bring their own H2O.

I often feel the same way as I drive into an rv park. However, as I walk around and get a closer look, many of the coaches aren’t as clean as they first looked. That being said, I almost always touch up my coach after arrival because I’m a bit anal about having a clean rig. This is what I use for touch up on the road:

I often feel the same way as I drive into an rv park. However, as I walk around and get a closer look, many of the coaches aren’t as clean as they first looked. That being said, I almost always touch up my coach after arrival because I’m a bit anal about having a clean rig. This is what I use for touch up on the road:
Any concerns about scratching the paint if dirty/dusty?

Any concerns about scratching the paint if dirty/dusty?
It is recommended to wash the coach first if it is dirty and or rinse if it is dusty. It is also important to understand how to apply any product like this. You can watch this guy as he gets into the details about this very topic. It's long but good information. I am not recommending his product over wash wax, but the principles are the same.

Resort we winter at sends warnings to wash your rv or they'll have it done and bill you. Mainly when unattended things turn green. $5 ticket for a week, wash your vehicle and rv as many times as you want.
Neighbor with motorhome smaller than mine had 2 guys there for a day with pressure washer, then they also waxed and buffed it. Hauled their own water in. Didn't notice if it took them one day or 2 for the whole deal. He said it cost 2 grand. I said What? You get ceramic? He said No I had that done last year.
WOW! You just can't hide money, or maybe a fool and his money are soon parted, one of those things anyhow.

I just took a day and washed mine myself when I got there. Then my truck.

if you carry a DI water tank with quick connects and some simple tools like a foam gun, good mitts and mary moppins lambswool for the pole, and good soap (many of them out there), you can do it all yourself. I tend to break it up and do it over two days as one day just wears me out. Once you get the coach exterior clean if you are sitting at a park, you can do touch-ups with wash wax all or whatever your favorite product is and keep it clean. There are lots of posts about di tanks and tools on this forum.

I just called a mobile detail outfit in Prescott and they charge $8/foot to wash the exterior, roof to tires, including the windows. Im sure they do a nice job, but $280 to have the coach washed does not satisfy my cost/benefit equatuon.

I just called a mobile detail outfit in Prescott and they charge $8/foot to wash the exterior, roof to tires, including the windows. Im sure they do a nice job, but $280 to have the coach washed does not satisfy my cost/benefit equatuon.
That’s obscene as we just had our 40’ completely washed and then hand waxed top to bottom for $11/ft total. And this was in expensive N. California! Maybe the Prescott outfit just came from filling up at the gas station😆

Latest resources

Back