• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Time to buy tires

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I am also running Toyo 305's all the way around without rettrobands. We were recently in Yellowstone and the Tetons and observed dozens of tour buses mostly on Prevost chassis running Toyos on the rear and Michelins on the front.
I would be concerned about having a tire problem while on the road if its difficult to find an installer to deal with the rettroband removal and/or installation.

Hmmm Rettroband or not...

Sitting on the side of the road yelling into your phone at roadside assistance

1695733100415.png

Or staring at you rig wishing you had bought Rettrobands...
1695732815343.png

Made the purchase today through Motorhome Tires dot com. I'll report back on how the install goes!

I priced them for my 305 size and the total for 8 tires is $10,889 which is approximately $1300/tire. Michelin XRV's. The outfit delivering to Gaffney, who can also deliver in Atlanta as I spoke with him this morning, is around $850/tire. I also asked him Toyo vs. Michelin - he said Michelin. Toyo's are typically selected when RVers can't get Michelin.

Edit: 850/tire is NOT including installation, etc. etc.

So tomorrow the install is supposed to happen! I'll report back on how it goes. :)

So tomorrow the install is supposed to happen! I'll report back on how it goes. :)
I hope the installation went well.

I hope the installation went well.
Nope, it was a disaster.

The damage to my rims is atrocious. When I sent pictures of them to the owner, he said that all the damage was pre-existing. Bad enough he damaged the rims, but now he's calling me a liar and insinuating that I'm trying to shake him down for new rims.

The damage to the rim (picture #4) is so bad that the rim is cutting into the new tire.

Last picture is my pristine London Aire. And this guy is saying that the damage you see on the rims below was all pre-existing. Hardly seem reasonable.

1697132009494.png

5.JPG

20.JPG

25.JPG

30.JPG

View attachment 21150
45.JPG

55.JPG

Rig1.jpg

Attachments

• 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 1
  • 50.JPG
    50.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 3
YIKES!!

I had very similar issues…. Replacing the center cover is not hard…but the damage on the rims is harder to fix.

The local installer is sending out a person to polish the front rims and I have worked out a settlement with MH tires for other issues. I also had “before” pics….

PM me if you want to discuss.
Rich

Well dang, Jim. It would appear to me they would have to work at it to do that much damage.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back