Time to buy tires

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Awww crap. When it rains it pours.

Was this done by a mobile team? They use hand tools to break the bead over the rim?

Nope, it was a disaster.

The damage to my rims is atrocious. When I sent pictures of them to the owner, he said that all the damage was pre-existing. Bad enough he damaged the rims, but now he's calling me a liar and insinuating that I'm trying to shake him down for new rims.

The damage to the rim (picture #4) is so bad that the rim is cutting into the new tire.

Last picture is my pristine London Aire. And this guy is saying that the damage you see on the rims below was all pre-existing. Hardly seem reasonable.

View attachment 21154

View attachment 21144
View attachment 21147
View attachment 21148
View attachment 21149
View attachment 21150
View attachment 21151
View attachment 21153
View attachment 21156
I'll be at a rally of 75 Newmars next week and one of our tech sessions is about replacing tires. I'll be sure to make @Jim's story well known to the group. ALL those coaches won't need tires right away, but they will all need them at some point.

That’s really unfortunate. I hope it gets resolved in short order.

I would reach out to MH Tires....
If that is for me, then I already did. I sent pictures and explained the whole deal. They said they can see grim on the damaged areas, indicating it was something that happened prior to the installation. But during the installation process, the installers had spread so much grease, grime and road dust on everything that of course there was grime in the damaged area.

55.JPG

They were supposed to install new valve stems, but I seriously doubt they did. See pictures below of the valve stems and tell me if they look new.

DSCN2733.JPG

DSCN2736.JPG

DSCN2737.JPG

Also, they didn't put on the extension to the drivers side inside wheel, so no way to even put air in it now.

DSCN2747.JPG

They didn't install new valve stems for me either... :-/ They just installed new valves...

Good luck with all of this... I know I would not have a remote install again. Only in a shop who knows how to handle nice rims. And always take "before pics"

I feel your pain Jim

Latest resources

Back