Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question We are getting ready for a cross country trip to Florida from Washington in our Journey 32 DL. What would be the best camping club to join?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

bmalloy50

RVF Newbee
Hello, We are getting ready for a cross country trip to Florida from Washington in our Journey 32 DL. What would be the best camping club to join for stops along the way?

Ditto on Passport America for the travel time. I hope you have already made your winter reservations here in FL, otherwise you may be scrambling to find a spot. People usually book a year in advance for their winter quarters.

If you are an Elks lodge member you can take advantage of many places where you can spend the night for a minimal fee.

@bmalloy50 "Best" is hard to say but here's my experience. We have 4 memberships, Passport America, Good Sam, FMCA, and KOA. In my experience Passport America is hard to beat regarding discounts (50%) HOWEVER campground locations tend to be a bit more off the beaten path AND campgrounds select when the PA discount can be applied and or which sites are eligible for a the PA discount. For example PA may not apply to pull through sites, or may not apply on weekends, or certain times of the year and generally is only good for a limited number of days. PA is the membership I use the least primarily due to campground locations. PA is great when you find the right fit for your travel plans. Good Sam (10%) appears to be the most widely accepted and I've never experienced any restrictions. Good Sam is the membership I use most often. FMCA (10%) less widely accepted that Good Sam and also have not experienced any exceptions. KOA (10%) accepted only at KOA campgrounds. Over the course of a year of travel the memberships typically pay for themselves and I experience some level of savings from each.

Latest resources

Back