Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Those snowbirding south in warmer climates east or west, what are you seeing for campground occupancies? I'd love to hear how Florida is looking as well as I'm considering travel late January.

Also, how are campground rates looking?

Currently lots of space. I was able to book weekends in both Miami and Ft Lauderdale On short notice , one week out.
as we approach Xmas it will get tighter.
Going to try to book something for a couple of weeks during height of season, we’ll see, Jan, Feb , March typically fill fast.

In the Tampa area, earlier this year LazyDays shutdown their campground permanently. I assumed that would be a boon to other campgrounds in the general area, but there appear to be spots readily available.
Quite the change from 2 or 3 years ago.

Those snowbirding south in warmer climates east or west, what are you seeing for campground occupancies? I'd love to hear how Florida is looking as well as I'm considering travel late January.

Also, how are campground rates looking?
So far, we have not had any problems arriving without reservations. We began our journey south from Vancouver Canada traveling down the Washington, Oregon and California Coast to Ventura then across to the desert into Arizona. The average price paid at RV Parks is $50.00 ($49.64 inc tax). The most expensive was Bonelli Bluffs RV Resort in San Dimas at $86.00 and the lowest was Gilbert Ray Municipal in Tucson at $20.00.
Boondocking anywhere we looked was not busy at all. We opted to stay in more RV Parks than normal this trip as it has been too warm for us to be without AC.

Most folks we have talked to believe the rush will not begin until January 01. The last park we stayed at is already fully booked starting January 01.

Safe travels everyone and stay warm

Darrell

In the Tampa area, earlier this year LazyDays shutdown their campground permanently. I assumed that would be a boon to other campgrounds in the general area, but there appear to be spots readily available.
Quite the change from 2 or 3 years ago.
@MemoriesByTheMile we stayed at Lazydays this past January. We were informed the campground would be shutting down for a period of time to refurbish the sites and infrastructure. Did you hear that the closure was going to be permanent?

LazyDays has not changed their website, but if you call them, they will tell you they were told internally that it is a permanent closure. They were told this about a month ago.

I'm at Myakka River Motorcoach Resort for 3 months - my big splurge for the next few years - and there is plenty of space. It definitely tightens up in January, but I was able to secure space when I booked a couple months ago. They just raised their rates pretty significantly last month but I had already reserved at their older rates. Not sure I would have stayed as long with the new rates. I'll be elsewhere in Feb/Mar that is more budget friendly. I just booked my Feb/Mar locations a couple weeks ago and had no problem (although limited number of spots left) but I'm up in northern FL in Feb ($800 for the month) and the Gulf Shores area ($2400 for the month) in Mar.

Noticed that many Premium sites are still open here at fiesta key and Sunshine encore park a little south of here.

Here is a picture of the premium spots at Fiesta Key on a Saturday morning. Looked the same yesterday as well. Lots of openings IMG_0996.jpeg

Latest resources

Back