DSDP 4326
RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
ISL 450
TOW/TOAD
2023 Winnebago ERA 70A or 2012 Ford Taurus
What exactly does a FWS bring to the table that you don’t get with quad slides? I see BHSDs (Big Honking Sliding Doors), but other than that, I got nothing.

While I have no experience other than this coach with a FWS, my opinion/impression would be a more open space feel when you're pushing an entire single wall out. My floor plan the refrigerator is across from the half bath and you can't do much in that narrow space unless the FWS is extended. I'm sure floor plans would account for the part of the house that is not on a slideout. Slides give me an ulcer, well, so does the RV :)

The FWS slide creates a lot more contiguous space than individual ones... I think it makes a big difference in the living space. But I am with Neal, the beast that it is make me nervous... but then all the slides do. :)

While I don’t have a full wall slide I can see the interior space advantage but they scare me. When I was at the Newmar factory for a tour seeing a 45’ Coach without the slide installed was eye opening for me. That vast length of the opening without any roof support seeming to defeat the laws of physics. Yes I know they have built them for years successfully but it just looked real scary to me. I also toured Entegra and their two slides that made up the whole length really looked like a full wall slide from the inside when deployed and I sure like that significant support they have between them. Some day I will likely own one or the other but currently it’s still hard to consider giving up the Monaco we love as it fits our needs and has been very good to us.

What exactly does a FWS bring to the table that you don’t get with quad slides? I see BHSDs (Big Honking Sliding Doors), but other than that, I got nothing.
We sought out a 4 slide floor plan when we bought our DS but they were only offered in the 37 and 40 lengths. I just didn't want a hole that big in the side of our coach. Based upon much research prior to purchase it appears that the Newmar full wall slides work well, I just chose a 4 slide floor plan.

We hemmed and hawed over which FP to get, we knew what model length but it came down to only two of them offering the total electric coach, the FP we wanted did not, that one was 4 slides. Once we saw them in real life, that coach we were glad we got the one we got. No RV, is perfect, there are always compromises one verses the other. That FWS is very heavy, and that is my concern. NM leveled them again in June as part of our warranty, but cold air will be the tell if they finally got it correct or not. But just follow NM's procedure putting out slides and leveling and I don't think you will have too much problems. Everyone says Entegra is great, no RV is great, they are an earthquake going down the road (except in CA, then they are a 10+ level earthquake going down the road), but when we looked at Thor's in Yuma, AZ two years ago, we found over 30 defects with it just sitting there, we passed on that, looked at Winnes, and liked them, but not enough HP for their 34' model, so we opted for the Ventana 3407, once I hit the big lottery, it up to New Aire 35 for me with the 450 HP. That should be enough.

Latest resources

Back