Alert Girard Awning Mounts WRONG!!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
First page was revised 7/3/18

The fix was made 4/16/19, when 2nd page was revised.

My production date was 7/30/2018, meaning mine was built as described on page 1. I will need to have my roof cut.

HOLD THE PRESS!!!!

If what we actually have going on here is the awning from Page 2 are installed where the brackets from page 1 are located.....there is more wrong than what has been discussed so far.

If the original backer plates did NOT move, and 18' awnings where placed where originally a 21' and 14' awning where called for, then we have a huge problem.

@CaptainGizmo - can you clarify with your contact that page 1 is actually the one used for the T110 option package? There should be a 7/3/18 schematic for T110. That will correctly show our brackets. I don't think we have the proper page 1 document.

Reading the notes on page 2, we can hope that ONLY the middle bracket being discussed is the issue, but now we really need the proper 7/3/18 schematic to know for certain that we can breath easy.

HOLD THE PRESS!!!!

If what we actually have going on here is the awning from Page 2 are installed where the brackets from page 1 are located.....there is more wrong than what has been discussed so far.

If the original backer plates did NOT move, and 18' awnings where placed where originally a 21' and 14' awning where called for, then we have a huge problem.

@CaptainGizmo - can you clarify with your contact that page 1 is actually the one used for the T110 option package? There should be a 7/3/18 schematic for T110. That will correctly show our brackets. I don't think we have the proper page 1 document.

Reading the notes on page 2, we can hope that ONLY the middle bracket being discussed is the issue, but now we really need the proper 7/3/18 schematic to know for certain that we can breath easy.

NOW yer pickin up what I'm throw'n down, Ronnie!

Yeah, I see the Revision Date on the first page too. I'd fall before the change as well. Still, the first drawing indicates "Revised awning brackets locations", yet are definitely NOT in the correct location as per Girard.

But, if you look, the second page's awnings are basically equal. I think this is the FAUX awning covers, which are on the driver side.

I have another "urgent" request in with Newmar to speak with 'SOMEONE' who can give me the RIGHT information!! As of now, like I said, these layout are not helping answer any questions.

Have you considered sharing what Newmar provided you with Girard and maybe they can determine with Newmar where the problem is and see why this is occurring?

Have you considered sharing what Newmar provided you with Girard and maybe they can determine with Newmar where the problem is and see why this is occurring?
No, I haven't, Neal. I can, but would think they pretty much know. I'm comparing their install diagram right now.

NOW yer pickin up what I'm throw'n down, Ronnie!

Yeah, I see the Revision Date on the first page too. I'd fall before the change as well. Still, the first drawing indicates "Revised awning brackets locations", yet are definitely NOT in the correct location as per Girard.

I have another "urgent" request in with Newmar to speak with 'SOMEONE' who can give me the RIGHT information!! As of now, like I said, these layout are not helping answer any questions.
It took me a while to read this, but I am hoping that they just sent you the wrong 1st revision. There must be multiple versions of Revision 1 for the Standard vs upgraded awning package.

On the order form, T220 is the standard option, with additional awning
T110 is the package for 2 Nova awnings, along with the slide out covers, entrance door, and power windows
T550 is the 2 Nova ILO standard awning.

Page 2 says T110/T550
Page 1 Says T220 --We need the original T110/T550

Based on the revision note, only the bracket for the front moved...lets hope that is true, and they didn't just run out of space on the notes line.

1597795207166.png

Now I’m doing forensic work from my pictures at the mothership. Here is a 19+ 4369 that was located in the shop. What’s interesting is my mounting location appears to be correct for my 2019 4326.
F479835B-6BF1-4CFB-804C-198238582645.jpeg

I wish I was near my coach, I'd run up on the roof and do some more measuring. But check it out. Here is the diagram from the Girard install instructions. It's exactly what is spec'd on page 1 of Newmar's layout. But, that location doesn't match their Page 2 description that the backer was moved to span Rafters 16-19.

Attachments

• Nova-II-Installation-Manual-722 (dragged).pdf
    287 KB · Views: 19
I wish I was near my coach, I'd run up on the roof and do some more measuring. But check it out. Here is the diagram from the Girard install instructions. It's exactly what is spec'd on page 1 of Newmar's layout. But, that location doesn't match their Page 2 description that the backer was moved to span Rafters 16-19.
That is for a 21' awning. We have an 18' awning.

That is for a 21' awning. We have an 18' awning.
Ok, so that's odd, because our front awning is longer than our rear.
So, that makes the drawings even more of a problem. Oy!

I sure hope I get a call from Newmar tomorrow!

Attachments

• Nova-II-Installation-Manual-722 (dragged).pdf
    287 KB · Views: 13

Latest resources

Back