Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

mikecrosby.5695

RVF Regular
Can anyone highly recommend an app that will provide me with info on searching for campgrounds that have full hookups? I tried Campendium but they are showing places but then I discovered many of these are partial offerings. I prefer a free app. Going up to Badlands from Georgia later this year. Any suggestions are welcome!

@mikecrosby.5695 Since you mentioned you prefer a free app you might check out RV Parky It has filters that can be set to help find the type of campground you are looking for. RV Life Trip Wizard is a subscription service that I use for trip planning. They offer a 7 day free trial, subscription price is $59 / year. It also has the ability to filter a number of campground criteria.

I haven’t been satisfied with any apps and find that between google maps and my Garmin 890 I can always find a suitable park while traveling long distances with no reservations. I also use Harvest Hosts while on the road, but these sites rarely have hook-ups. KOA has an app and I use them (although not their app) occasionally as they are reliable if not always optimal (often over crowded and usually priced a bit over what I consider their value). If I have a specific destination in mind for a longer stay and want to make reservation to ensure the best possible location/amenities/facilities etc, then I do more extensive internet research in advance, including reading reviews (taken with a pound of salt) in advance. So far this method hasn’t let me down.

KOA trip planner works good for us,
Badlands White River KOA is one of our favorites

I like using
1) RV LIFE Campground Reviews - Trusted Reviews of Campgrounds & RV Parks
2) RV Parky | RV Parks & Campgrounds Directory, Reviews, Photos
Campgrounds is my 1st choice. Read a comment that RVParky is starting to charge for use but have not experienced this yet. Search a town and state and then the Amenities tab to find out what the park you selected has to offer.
Arrrrg! I decided to fool around with RV parky just for fun and looked at reviews on the CG I booked for a 4 day stay near San Clemente in two weeks. Everything looks great except the review says….”no pets”! So here’s another vote for RV Parky/reviews and now I dont know what Im going to do. I looked at the park website and finally found the no pets rule listed (Domestic animals are NOT permitted) but not conspicuously or prominently (about seven clicks on various menus to find them) so now…..I don’t know what. But I can say that RV Parky would have saved some time and trouble.

The web version of RV Parky is still free RV Parky | RV Parks & Campgrounds Directory, Reviews, Photos and very good but the phone app version now contains ads. The paid app version, about $20 a year I think, offers trip planning and a few extra other features that I don't need so I'll stick with using the free web version on my laptop

Latest resources

Back