• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Class C Pros and Cons

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
My first realization was the warranty on a new rig. I have a 30 foot dodge based class c. The motorhome manufacturer is only reponsible for issues pertaining to the coach. The dodge dealer is responsible for the truck. This is creating problems getting service. I can that the dodge corporation is very helpful in trying to resolve issues but they are not positioned physically to work on motorhomes. This can be very inconvenient. So far I've not had good experiences working with the coach side of this but I'm new to this so it can only get better. 🤞

It is easier to get motorhome chassis’ serviced at reputable light truck service centers.

For the house, buy from a dealer with and excellent reputation for service, or a manufacturer, with excellent reputation that will service it at their factory. or develop a relationship with a reputable mobile tech.

Looking to upgrade to a Class C from a travel trailer. What are the pros and cons?
What kind of RVing do you do? Weekends? Long trips? Are you going to tow a car behind you or are you going to break camp every time you want to drive somewhere?
It really depends on what style of RVer you are.

For me one of the cons is the small bathrooms in a Class C. But I guess you get used to them, right?

Typically Cs are built on van chassis with limited load carrying capacity. This makes it easy to overload the the chassis causing handling and safety concerns. Not exclusive to Cs just more prevalent.
As a side note. I found the learning curve maneuvering without bumps & scratches is a little steeper on a C than than a comparable size A . The driver in a C sits down a few feet under the roof overhang loosing some overhead clearance perception. The same said for the side overhang. A class A seats the driver up and over to the side giving better sight and depth perception allowing fewer bumps and mishaps.
With all this said there are a lot of C owners out there happily enjoying their coach and the RV lifestyle.

Latest resources

Back