Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
They did a video on the delivery of this new Prevost Marathon. The new owner decided to go to the beach. Oops.

Ha ha I was watching that last night. I can't believe he would have gotten out w/o damage. We've all made bonehead moves in our rigs but this is a big one.

I got stuck in my brother’s front yard a year or so ago. The front yard had a good satellite look angle for which I was testing the DirecTV antenna ?.

He lives on an unpaved road and fortunately there was a grader leveling the road at the time. He was able to pull me out with only slight difficulty. Not fun! I did learn a few lessons from the experience, as I’m sure the Prevost owner did too.

I've been towed off of grass once. Very embarrassing experience.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I might know something about that pit in your stomach when you feel the tires spinning.

Not yet but that day may come?. I certainly hope not.

What are you supposed to hook up to (both front and back) if I end up having to be pulled out? Back hitch is rated for 15K lbs and no idea about the front.

I helped get someone off the beach at Padre Island when he got stuck. I helped him with his jeep with warn winch. We blocked the Jeep and used the winch connected to his front suspension. It took very little to get him going on his own power. I drove the Jeep out of the way.

They did a video on the delivery of this new Prevost Marathon. The new owner decided to go to the beach. Oops.

I'm betting this was an EXPENSIVE lesson! In addition to the cost of the "rescue service" and all the equipment involved, I'm thinking there had to be some frame damage requiring...at least...some serious re-alignment work.

TJ

Latest resources

Back