Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Weco

RVF Newbee
I have a 2021 Ford Ranger I would like to tow on my dolly. Ford does not recommend it, they recommend all four on the ground. I don't see how towing with front wheels on dolly is going to harm anything as long as I go thru their procedure to set it up for towing. Has anyone done this. Thank you.

We flat tow our 4wd F150 SuperCrew and that works fine. I am guessing that the Ranger is 4wd as well and is probably the issue. Possibly if you follow the directions to set it for flat tow and then used a dolly that would work. You may want to validate that with a dealer. For our F150 you turn on the key, step on the brake, put the trans in Neutral and then turn the transfer switch from 2H to 4L and back 5 times in 7 seconds. The dash displays a message indicating you are in the neutral tow mode and it tells you to leave the trans in neutral and to turn the key as far to off as possible.

As always, consult the owners manual.

The 2022 Ford Towing Guide (page 17 of attached) says no to dolly towing a Ranger.

Ford has been doing this guide for many years so a google search may turn up a 2021 version.

Latest resources

Back